I’m now convinced that hiring managers, HR people and agencies are copying and pasting old or different job postings before the place them on Dice or Monster.
Ally Financial had a posting for ResCap, but it turned out that this job had nothing to do with ResCap (Residential Capital).
• Develop test cases/test scripts by proactively reading requirements and respective documentation.
• Manage test execution and execute automated and manual scripts against new build.
• Effectively communicate with internal team members and discuss functional requirements.
• Conduct walk-through of test scripts/cases and test results to obtain sign-off from internal QA team, development, and management.
• Identify and create test data
• Identify and escalate issues and risks.
• Own defects from identification to closure. Identify, record, and track defects. Actively participating in defect resolution. Define and execute retest cases/scripts/data
• Design and implement modular and reusable automated testing solutions that satisfy testing requirements.
• Develop and maintain test scripts that automate testing of enterprise applications through the entire product life cycle.
• Create and execute test scripts, cases, and scenarios that will validate system performance according to specifications.
• Produce reports and documentation for all automated testing efforts, results, activities, data, logging and tracking.
• Frequently communicate test progress, test results, and other relevant information to team members and management.
• Develop/enhance and document automated testing methodology.
• Knowledge of QA methodology and industry-standard testing and bug tracking tools.
• Responsible for development of test strategies and creation, maintenance of appropriate comprehensive test plans.
• Work closely with Developers to understand the product and track, report, and verify bugs.
• Ability to understand technical specifications and analyze log files.
• Comfortable communicating cross-functionally and across management levels in formal and informal settings.
• Show creativity and initiative to improve product test coverage and effectiveness.
• Testing web-based applications in a high-availability, high performance and large scale environment.
• Bachelor’s degree in a technical or business discipline, generally 3+ years related experience.
• Skills in research, analysis, solution validation, and implementation.
• Ability to quickly adapt to new environments.
• Demonstrated aptitude to learn complex technical aspects of a software application.
• Strong analytical, reasoning, and problem solving skills.
• Self-directed with a high degree of initiative, ability to perform with minimal oversight and the ability to understand complex applications.
• Ability to work cooperatively in a group environment to achieve common goals; ability to build and maintain effective working relationships;
• Excellent communication skills (written, reading comprehension, listening, verbal) required.
• Ability to clearly present technical information, verbally and in writing, to audiences of diverse technical backgrounds
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Experienced using Microsoft Products, especially Visio, Project, Word and Excel.
• Solid knowledge of IT concepts, strategies and methodologies.
• Understanding of business practices common across many businesses.
• Proficiency with SQL (Oracle or Microsoft) and working with databases
• Determine and prioritize multiple tasks, work on several projects simultaneously and meet assigned deadlines.
Here’s one where I think they just didn’t know what to put in, so they searched on some testing items and copied & pasted them in the job listing (I have removed most the “content” to highlight the bizarre):